Inkrect y negative values

Pranay Samanta

Hello

I have a query regarding inkrect y values.
I am getring the ink_rect.y value as negative for devanagiri script.
Because of that my glyphs are getting clipped from above.
Can anyone please tell me whether i nk_rect's y value can be negative??

Regards
Pranay Samanta

Re: Inkrect y negative values

Behdad Esfahbod-5
On 15-03-11 04:00 AM, Pranay Samanta wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a query regarding inkrect y values.
> I am getring the ink_rect.y value as negative for devanagiri script.
> Because of that my glyphs are getting clipped from above.
> Can anyone please tell me whether i nk_rect's y value can be negative??

Yes.  Negative means higher than baseline, since the coordinate system is y-down.