How to select an list item without focus

How to select an list item without focus

rion10
there is a list with several items in my application, when I click a button, I want to select/highlight (with blue background color), I do as following:
    gtk_list_select_item(GTK_LIST(MyList), ItemIndex);  //select this item
    gtk_list_scroll_vertical(GTK_LIST(MyList),
                               GTK_SCROLL_STEP_FORWARD,
                               0);  // scroll the vertical bar

after this, the focus moves from the button to the item which is selected now.

and How to select an list item without focus?

Thanks

List procedure question.

William D. Tallman
A question, please, from a coding newbie.

I'm building a front end for an ephemeris engine, and I've begun with a
simple entry window for terrestrial data to obtain a position listing.
Some while back I asked for some mentoring on connecting Gtk to C code;
I've resolved that issue by planning the communication via structs and
temp files.  So I'm off and crawling, only to fetch aground in the midst
of this first file.

It's several hundred lines of code now, and so would be a bit much to
post here.  Is it acceptable to post a URL instead?

Thanks,

Bill Tallman