How to get GtkNotebook tab padding?

Gtk+ - Apps Dev mailing list
Hi,What's the correct way to get the tab padding of a GtkNotebook widget?  It's easy enough to set them, but I'm not sure how to get those values back?
My custom gtk.css file with:notebook tab {    padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
}
I've tried many incantations, including this without success:// Assume I have GtkWidgetPath path and GtkStyleContext contextgtk_widget_path_append_type(path, GTK_TYPE_NOTEBOOK);
gtk_style_context_set_path(context, path);gtk_style_context_add_class(context, "tab");

GtkBorder padding;gtk_style_context_get_padding(context, GTK_STATE_FLAG_NORMAL, &padding);

Thanks for your help.

Re: How to get GtkNotebook tab padding?

David C. Rankin
On 09/12/2018 01:58 PM, Game On via gtk-app-devel-list wrote:
> Hi,What's the correct way to get the tab padding of a GtkNotebook widget?  It's easy enough to set them, but I'm not sure how to get those values back?
> My custom gtk.css file with:notebook tab {    padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
> }
> I've tried many incantations, including this without success:// Assume I have GtkWidgetPath path and GtkStyleContext contextgtk_widget_path_append_type(path, GTK_TYPE_NOTEBOOK);
> gtk_style_context_set_path(context, path);gtk_style_context_add_class(context, "tab");
>
> GtkBorder padding;gtk_style_context_get_padding(context, GTK_STATE_FLAG_NORMAL, &padding);
>
> Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure with Gtk+3, but prior to that you would use

g_object_get (GTK_NOTEBOOK (notebook), property1, &val1, property2, &val2, NULL);

See the manual (and it does apply in Gtk+3)

https://developer.gnome.org/gobject/stable/gobject-The-Base-Object-Type.html#g-object-get

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.