Gtk3 text view anchored in text view cannot get cursor inside (Ok in Gtk2)

Gtk3 text view anchored in text view cannot get cursor inside (Ok in Gtk2)

Gtk+ - General mailing list

The problem happens only building for GTK3; building the exact same code for GTK2 works fine.

In the code, posted to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54529359/gtkmm-3-text-view-anchored-in-text-view-cannot-get-cursor-inside , I'm having a text view anchored into another text view. The problem is that even if I mouse click, I cannot have the cursor move inside the nested text view to write text. The cursor can instead easily get into the anchored text entry just below.

Please if there is a way to make it work help me, this is getting in the way of my app porting from pygtk2 to gtkmm3.

Regards,

giuspen.

Re: Gtk3 text view anchored in text view cannot get cursor inside (Ok in Gtk2)

Gtk+ - General mailing list
Please could somebody tell me where is the best place to report such problem?  This is stopping the porting of my app cherrytree from pygtk2 to gtkmm3.
I also raised a bug on https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1663 but got no feedback at all.
Regards,
Giuseppe.

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019, 07:42 Giuseppe Penone <[hidden email] wrote:

The problem happens only building for GTK3; building the exact same code for GTK2 works fine.

In the code, posted to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54529359/gtkmm-3-text-view-anchored-in-text-view-cannot-get-cursor-inside , I'm having a text view anchored into another text view. The problem is that even if I mouse click, I cannot have the cursor move inside the nested text view to write text. The cursor can instead easily get into the anchored text entry just below.

Please if there is a way to make it work help me, this is getting in the way of my app porting from pygtk2 to gtkmm3.

Regards,

giuspen.

Re: Gtk3 text view anchored in text view cannot get cursor inside (Ok in Gtk2)

Andres Fernandez

El jue., 7 de feb. de 2019 04:42, Giuseppe Penone via gtk-list <[hidden email]> escribió:

The problem happens only building for GTK3; building the exact same code for GTK2 works fine.

In the code, posted to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54529359/gtkmm-3-text-view-anchored-in-text-view-cannot-get-cursor-inside , I'm having a text view anchored into another text view. The problem is that even if I mouse click, I cannot have the cursor move inside the nested text view to write text. The cursor can instead easily get into the anchored text entry just below.

I'm trying to understand what are you nesting two GtkTextView. What are trying to get? I mean, GtkTextView is meant to show text from a buffer not to contain another widget.

Is there no other desing that fit better with the porpuse of those widget but still giving you something near to your original idea?

Regards,

Andrés Fernández
Software Peronista

Re: Gtk3 text view anchored in text view cannot get cursor inside (Ok in Gtk2)

Gtk+ - General mailing list
The list is not really dead, but nobody is required to give you an answer: this is not a paid support channel.

If you're not getting answers it may be the case that you're doing something that nobody else is doing.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 08:38, Giuseppe Torelli via gtk-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Andres, in my application cherrytree I give the user the possibility to have so called code boxes ( http://giuspen.com/cherrytreemanual/#_codebox ) so in between rich text you can have a syntax highlighted code box.
This is very appreciated from the end users and it's a pity that gtk3 does not seem to support it while gtk2 did.
Regards,
Giuseppe.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019, 10:53 Andres Fernandez <[hidden email] wrote:

El jue., 7 de feb. de 2019 04:42, Giuseppe Penone via gtk-list <[hidden email]> escribió:

The problem happens only building for GTK3; building the exact same code for GTK2 works fine.

In the code, posted to://stackoverflow.com/questions/54529359/gtkmm-3-text-view-anchored-in-text-view-cannot-get-cursor-inside , I'm having a text view anchored into another text view. The problem is that even if I mouse click, I cannot have the cursor move inside the nested text view to write text. The cursor can instead easily get into the anchored text entry just below.