Gtk3->GET_VERSION_INFO

Jeff
Hallo all,

What is the Gtk3 equivalent of

Gtk2->GET_VERSION_INFO

and

Gtk2->get_version_info

?

Regards

Jeff

Re: Gtk3->GET_VERSION_INFO

"Torsten Schönfeld"
On 15.12.2017 19:22, Jeff wrote:
> What is the Gtk3 equivalent of
>
> Gtk2->GET_VERSION_INFO
>
> and
>
> Gtk2->get_version_info
>
> ?

It looks like these convenience functions never made it from Gtk2.pm to
Gtk3.pm.  You can instead use Gtk3::get_major_version (),
Gtk3::get_micro_version () and Gtk3::get_minor_version () as well as
Gtk3::MAJOR_VERSION and friends.  I'd also gladly accept a patch adding
ports of the old helpers to Gtk3.pm.

Note that the distinction between uppercase and lowercase variants
(compile-time vs. run-time) is usually not meaningful anymore, because
the typelib Gtk-3.0.typelib (which contains the uppercase values) is
usually kept in sync with the library libgtk-3.so (which contains the
lowercase functions).

-Torsten

Re: Gtk3->GET_VERSION_INFO

Jeff
On 19/12/17 19:02, Torsten Schönfeld wrote:
> It looks like these convenience functions never made it from Gtk2.pm to
> Gtk3.pm.  You can instead use Gtk3::get_major_version (),
> Gtk3::get_micro_version () and Gtk3::get_minor_version () as well as
> Gtk3::MAJOR_VERSION and friends.

Thanks for this.

Regards

Jeff