GnomeDateEdit

abhi rocks
hi

Could someone please tell me how to access the
GtkEntry field in the GnomeDateEdit widget.
Or it would be cooler if someone could tell me how to
extract the date and time from time_t data type.

Thanks
Abhishek Samuel

Re: GnomeDateEdit

Ben Johnson
On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 10:42:49AM +0100, abhi rocks wrote:
> hi
>
> Could someone please tell me how to access the
> GtkEntry field in the GnomeDateEdit widget.
> Or it would be cooler if someone could tell me how to
> extract the date and time from time_t data type.

look at the asctime/ctime/gmtime/localtime/etc. man page.  (man
localtime).  those functions conform to several standards, including
POSIX, so should be pretty portabl.  Also, the g_date_* functions in
glib should provide similar functionality.  The GTime data type appears
to be identical to time_t, so all references to GTime in the docs about
the g_date_* functions apply also to the time_t type.

take a look at the source if you still want direct access to the
GtkEntry in GnomeDateEdit.

- Ben