GStreamer 0.01 and accented chars in filenames

GStreamer 0.01 and accented chars in filenames

squentin
I've began adding gstreamer support to my program,
But gstreamer can't find files with accented characters, I get :

ERROR (0x80be4a8 - 310393:34:49.386823000)         filesrc(20818)
gstfilesrc.c(778):gst_filesrc_open_file:<src> No such file
"/home/squentin/mp3/Artist/Björk/Selmasongs/Björk - Selmasongs -
01-Overture.ogg"
An error occured: Resource not found.

I get the same error if I converting the filename from utf8 with
Glib->filename_from_unicode

Also, I'd apreciate any help to change the volume with gstreamer.
--
Quentin <[hidden email]>

Re: GStreamer 0.01 and accented chars in filenames

Matthias Bläsing-4
Am Montag, den 30.05.2005, 16:45 +0200 schrieb Quentin:

> Also, I'd apreciate any help to change the volume with gstreamer.

Just place the volume - plugin between the audiosink and your source
queue.

HTH

Matthias

--
Matthias Bläsing
ICQ: 84617206   AIM: linuxfun81   MSN: [hidden email]

Re: GStreamer 0.01 and accented chars in filenames

muppet-6

On May 30, 2005, at 10:45 AM, Quentin wrote:

> I've began adding gstreamer support to my program,
> But gstreamer can't find files with accented characters, I get :
>
> ERROR (0x80be4a8 - 310393:34:49.386823000)         filesrc(20818)
> gstfilesrc.c(778):gst_filesrc_open_file:<src> No such file
> "/home/squentin/mp3/Artist/Björk/Selmasongs/Björk - Selmasongs -
> 01-Overture.ogg"
> An error occured: Resource not found.

i was going to poke through the sources to see if there was a
misapplied typemap, but you didn't mention what functions you were
calling, so i have no idea where to look.

if this is an encoding problem on the location property of a file
source, i don't know how we'd fix that; gchar* properties are always
converted with the gperl_value_from_sv() function, which considers
gchar* to be utf8 text that you want to convert with SvGChar.  there
are currently no hooks for overriding that.

--
If I lived in Teletubby Land, the homicide rate would be four.
   -- elysse

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 23:16 -0400, muppet wrote:

> i was going to poke through the sources to see if there was a
> misapplied typemap, but you didn't mention what functions you were
> calling, so i have no idea where to look.
>
> if this is an encoding problem on the location property of a file
> source, i don't know how we'd fix that; gchar* properties are always
> converted with the gperl_value_from_sv() function, which considers
> gchar* to be utf8 text that you want to convert with SvGChar.  there
> are currently no hooks for overriding that.

I get the same error with the small attached script.

player.pl (1K) Download Attachment