Field descriptions are missing when header files are included each other.

Field descriptions are missing when header files are included each other.

Takao Fujiwara
I have ibusproperty.h and ibusproplist.h and the header files are included each other.
If the structure has a member, gtkdoc-mkdb outputs a warning:

./a/ibusproplist.h:49: warning: Field description for IBusPropList::properties is missing in source code comment block.

I prepared 4 files for the test:

https://fujiwara.fedorapeople.org/ibus/20150709/a.sgml
https://fujiwara.fedorapeople.org/ibus/20150709/ibusproperty.h
https://fujiwara.fedorapeople.org/ibus/20150709/ibusproplist.h
https://fujiwara.fedorapeople.org/ibus/20150709/ibustypes.h

I run the gtk-doc commands:

% ls a
ibusproperty.h  ibusproplist.h  ibustypes.h
% gtkdoc-scan --module=ibus --source-dir=./a --rebuild-sections
% gtkdoc-mktmpl --module=ibus
% gtkdoc-mkdb --module=ibus --output-format=xml --expand-content-files="" --main-sgml-file=a.sgml --source-dir=./a --xml-mode --output-format=xml

Then I got the above warning.

How can I fix the problem?

Re: Field descriptions are missing when header files are included each other.

Takao Fujiwara
When I run gtkdoc-mkhtml, many warnings can be seen.

% mkdir html
% cd html
% gtkdoc-mkhtml ibus ../a.sgml
../a.sgml:4: element indexdiv: validity error : ID api-index-full already defined
../a.sgml:4: element indexdiv: validity error : ID api-index-deprecated already defined
Warning: multiple "IDs" for constraint linkend: IBusProperty.
Warning: multiple "IDs" for constraint linkend: IBusPropList.
Warning: multiple "IDs" for constraint linkend: IBusProperty.
Warning: multiple "IDs" for constraint linkend: IBusPropList.
Warning: multiple "IDs" for constraint linkend: IBusProperty.
Warning: multiple "IDs" for constraint linkend: IBusPropList.

This can be reproduced when the header files include each other.
Probably I think it's better to file a bug for gtk-doc.