Error due to #including FT_ERRORS_H

John Emmas
Is this the right list for reporting pango development issues? Assuming
it is...

I updated freetype2 a few days ago (i.e. I pulled the latest source code
from git) and I've just realised that pango fails to build now (with
MSVC).  The problem is at these lines, round about line 540 of
'pango/pangoft2.c':-

       static const ft_error_description ft_errors[] =
     #include FT_ERRORS_H

     #undef FT_ERRORDEF
     #undef FT_ERROR_START_LIST
     #undef FT_ERROR_END_LIST

       ft_error_description *found = /* <-- ERROR HERE !!! */
         bsearch (&error, ft_errors, G_N_ELEMENTS (ft_errors),
              sizeof (ft_errors[0]), ft_error_compare);

MSVC gives me:-  'error C2275: 'ft_error_description' : illegal use of
this type as an expression'.  To be honest, I suspect that the actual
error might be a few lines earlier - i.e.

       static const ft_error_description ft_errors[] =
     #include FT_ERRORS_H

My best guess is that something got changed somewhere in
'freetype/fterrors.h'.  It does look like something got done (about a
week ago) to remove underscores from some macro names but I'm not sure
why that would cause this problem.  Can anyone hazard a guess at what
might be wrong?  Thanks,

John

Re: Error due to #including FT_ERRORS_H

Behdad Esfahbod-5
Thanks John. That is indeed a FreeType issue.  I replied to your post on the
FreeType mailing list.