Distributing a Gtkada program under Windows

Distributing a Gtkada program under Windows

Michael González Harbour
Hello,

I have been struggling with the distribution of a Gtkada program under Windows and I finally found the solution, so I wanted to share it.

I initially copied the executable together with the files mentioned in the user's manual:
  • bin/*.dll
  • etc/
  • lib/gtk-2.0
Except that lib/gtk-2.0 is lib/gtk-3.0 in the current version.

Initially the program would complain about not finding some dll's. I put the "bin" folder in the path and this solved this issue.

The application was working fine until I opened a File_Chooser_Dialog. Then, it complained with this error message:
  • GLib-GIO-ERROR: No GSettings schemas are installed on the system

After some trial and error I found that if I included the following folder in the distribution, then this problem was solved:
  • share/glib-2.0
Best regards,

Michael González.

Michael Gonzalez Harbour                  E-mail: [hidden email]
Grupo de Computadores y Tiempo Real       URL: http://www.ctr.unican.es
Facultad de Ciencias                      Phone : +34-942-201483
Universidad de Cantabria                  Fax   : +34-942-201402
Avda. de los Castros s/n
E-39005 Santander
SPAIN

Re: Distributing a Gtkada program under Windows

Dmitry A. Kazakov
On Mon, 26 May 2014 13:47:41 +0200, you wrote:

> I have been struggling with the distribution of a Gtkada program under
> Windows and I finally found the solution, so I wanted
> to share it.

[...]

Well, more files are actually needed.

In order to learn the set of GTK+ files required to distribute under
Windows you can take a look at the official binary distribution of GTK+
here:

http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php

Dmitry A. Kazakov
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de