Dialog window slow when opened

Gtkmm mailing list
Hello list,

So basically i'm trying to append elements to three ComboBoxText in a dialog window when the user clicks a menuItem in the main window. The elements seem to be too many for the dialog window to handle because when i append a few it runs smoothly. However when i append 700 elements as an example it runs slowly when opened (Lags a bit on openening then runs normally).
I am wondering if the dialog window have a certain limit of elements or memory limit.
The dialog window contains 3 comboboxtexts that needs to be appended elements.

I am using glade and gtkmm and I am on ubuntu 16.04 LTS server.

Thank you !