Detect scrollbar change due to user interaction

Detect scrollbar change due to user interaction

Kasper Peeters-2
I want to detect whether a scrollbar has moved due to a user
interaction (dragging the slider, clicking up/down arrows, rolling the
scroll wheel). The signal_value_changed also fires on scrollbar
changes due to e.g. the content of the associated ScrolledWindow
changing, and I don't want to know about such (programmatic) changes.
Any suggestions, or a pointer to the preferred way to do this?

Thanks,
Kasper

Re: Detect scrollbar change due to user interaction

Daniel Boles
signal_change_value is the one that exists to validate/apply/reject user attempts to change the value of the Range

Re: Detect scrollbar change due to user interaction

Kasper Peeters-2
> signal_change_value is the one that exists to validate/apply/reject
> user attempts to change the value of the Range

That does indeed trigger when I move the scrollbar, but it doesn't
trigger when I use the mouse wheel to scroll. I have tried wrapping the
ScrolledWindow inside an EventBox, doing set_mask(Gdk::SCROLL_MASK) on
the latter, and then attaching to the signal_scroll_event() of the
EventBox, but I am not getting any signals. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kasper

Fwd: Detect scrollbar change due to user interaction

Daniel Boles

then maybe signal_scroll_event() ?

If you first confirm all of the things you have tried and why they didn't work for you, it will save us having to suggest things you have already discounted.