Critical perform code, using signals, performance?

Critical perform code, using signals, performance?

Paul Knopf
Signals in GLib uses marshaling to massage parameters, which effects performance. I get that.

I have performance critical code that needs callbacks, and I'd like to use the signal system's framework for registering handlers.

Is it possible to handcraft a very specific marshaller for my callback that adds minimal-to-no overhead? How would the performance compare to simple iterating a GList and invoking c-style callbacks?

I could go down the route of doing the custom marshaller and compare the performance myself, but I was wondering if someone has experimented with this. If not, I will do the tests and post my results.