Corrupt gnat/gtkada.gpr file

Roger Mc Murtrie-2
Mac OSX 10.11.3
Xcode 7.2
GPS 6.1.1 (20150118) hosted on x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0
GNAT GPL 2015 (20150428-49)

Downloaded GtkAda using git clone https://github.com/AdaCore/gtkada.git.
testgtk worked OK.
make install completed without error.

However, when I tried to open any GPS project that inherits GtkAda, the project reverts to the Default project with messages:
[2016-01-31 14:55:34] /usr/local/lib/gnat/gtkada.gpr:47:1025: missing string quote
[2016-01-31 14:55:34] /usr/local/lib/gnat/gtkada.gpr:48:01: ")" expected

Inspection indicates that /usr/local/lib/gnat/gtkada.gpr has been corrupted.

During a make install I opened gtkada.gpr as soon as it appeared in the /usr/local/lib/gnat/ and it appeared OK.
However, later in the installation process it appeared to be overwritten or otherwise corrupted. The resultant file is attached.

This problem does not occur with gtkada-gpl-2015-src.

Please assist,
Roger Mc Murtrie

gtkada.gpr (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Corrupt gnat/gtkada.gpr file

Emmanuel Briot
> However, when I tried to open any GPS project that inherits GtkAda, the project reverts to the Default project with messages:
> [2016-01-31 14:55:34] /usr/local/lib/gnat/gtkada.gpr:47:1025: missing string quote
> [2016-01-31 14:55:34] /usr/local/lib/gnat/gtkada.gpr:48:01: ")" expected

Seems like the flags for that linker options (as given by pkg-config) are too long and are split after
1024 characters. I don't know which part of the code might be doing that. Just concatenate lines 47
and 48 to get a working file.

regards
Emmanuel

Re: Corrupt gnat/gtkada.gpr file

Emmanuel Briot
> Seems like the flags for that linker options (as given by pkg-config) are too long and are split after
> 1024 characters. I don't know which part of the code might be doing that. Just concatenate lines 47
> and 48 to get a working file.

In fact, this issue was fixed in gprinstall in July (after the GPL release), so will be available in the
next GPL release. For now, please fix the project file by hand as indicated

Emmanuel

Re: Corrupt gnat/gtkada.gpr file

Roger Mc Murtrie-2
Thanks Emmanuel
        Pretty obvious now that you've pointed it out!
I fixed that and it now works.
Regards,
Roger

> On 1 Feb 2016, at 7:48 PM, Emmanuel Briot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Seems like the flags for that linker options (as given by pkg-config) are too long and are split after
>> 1024 characters. I don't know which part of the code might be doing that. Just concatenate lines 47
>> and 48 to get a working file.
>

> In fact, this issue was fixed in gprinstall in July (after the GPL release), so will be available in the
> next GPL release. For now, please fix the project file by hand as indicated
>
> Emmanuel

Re: Corrupt gnat/gtkada.gpr file

Emmanuel Briot
> Pretty obvious now that you've pointed it out!
> I fixed that and it now works.

Great, thanks for confirming

Emmanuel

Ada I'm having a problem with Iterate

Roger Mc Murtrie-2
Hello Emmanuel,
        Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I've successfully used Iterate quite often before but the attached code won't work and I can't figure out why.
Presumably something obvious that I'm blind to!

No matter what I try, compiling numbers.adb produces:
numbers.adb:24:48: expected access to subprogram "Ada.Containers.Vectors." from instance at numbers.ads:17
numbers.adb:24:48: found type access to procedure "Show_Two_Numbers" defined at line 24

I've almost completed my LWO2 parser but I'm stopped in my tracks by this which I only need for diagnostic and checking purposes!

By the way, I've just discovered you Ada Gems of the week which are excellent.

Regards,
Roger

numbers.ads (511 bytes) Download Attachment
numbers.adb (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Ada I'm having a problem with Iterate

Emmanuel Briot
> Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
> I've successfully used Iterate quite often before but the attached code won't work and I can't figure out why.
> Presumably something obvious that I'm blind to!

That question doesn't seem related to GtkAda.
Let's please keep this mailing list focused on gtkada.

Can you post your question on stackoverflow or maybe comp.lang.ada ?

Thanks

Emmanuel