Compilation error during installation

Michael González Harbour
Hello,

I have just installed the new gnat-gpl-2014 successfully. Now I am
trying to install gtkada-3.8.2 and I get a bunch of error messages like
this during installation:

create_css_editor.adb:52:07: (style) space required

Which is the best workaround? Should I modify create_css_editor.adb or
is it better to remove from the makefile the flag that is casing the
style to be checked?

Thanks,

Michael González.

Re: Compilation error during installation

Emmanuel Briot
> Which is the best workaround? Should I modify create_css_editor.adb or is it better to remove from the makefile the flag that is casing the style to be checked?

Definitely remove the command line switch (in shared.gpr)
In fact, it is not expected that -gnatwe appears on the command line at all, unless you
are doing a "debug" build (that is you have the environment variable BUILD set to
"Debug", or you have configured with --enable-build=Debug).

regards
Emmanuel

Re: Compilation error during installation

Michael González Harbour
Hello,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I checked that the build was "production", not "debug", so shared.gpr
was not causing the problem. It was testgtk.gpr. I removed the -gnatwe
switch from it and now the build/installation process worked fine.

Best regards,

Michael.

El 16/05/2014 13:51, Emmanuel Briot escribió:

>> Which is the best workaround? Should I modify create_css_editor.adb or is it better to remove from the makefile the flag that is casing the style to be checked?
>
> Definitely remove the command line switch (in shared.gpr)
> In fact, it is not expected that -gnatwe appears on the command line at all, unless you
> are doing a "debug" build (that is you have the environment variable BUILD set to
> "Debug", or you have configured with --enable-build=Debug).
>
> regards
> Emmanuel

Michael Gonzalez Harbour                  E-mail: [hidden email]
Grupo de Computadores y Tiempo Real       URL: http://www.ctr.unican.es
Facultad de Ciencias                      Phone : +34-942-201483
Universidad de Cantabria                  Fax   : +34-942-201402
Avda. de los Castros s/n
E-39005 Santander
SPAIN

Re: Compilation error during installation

Emmanuel Briot
> I checked that the build was "production", not "debug", so shared.gpr was not causing the problem. It was testgtk.gpr. I removed the -gnatwe switch from it and now the build/installation process worked fine.

Indeed, testgtk.gpr is wrong. Fixed in development version (for the next release)

Emmanuel