Clutter::Gst::Audio

Grant McLean
I've been playing around with Clutter and have mostly been successful
with the simple animations etc.  However I've had no luck with playing
sound.  I have a sound file in OGG format (I also tried WAV) and from
my script I tried this:

  my $audio = Clutter::Gst::Audio->new;   # This is line 27
  $audio->set_filename('bell.ogg');

But the first line emits the following warnings:

Clutter-Gst-WARNING **: Unable to create playbin GST element.
at ./05_image.pl line 27.
Clutter-Gst-WARNING **: Failed to initiate suitable playback pipeline.
at ./05_image.pl line 27.

I tried the playbin.pl example script from the GStreamer distribution
and it was happy to play the OGG file.  It seems like there's something
basic missing - did I need to load some module first?

The libclutter-gst library is installed.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers
Grant

Re: Clutter::Gst::Audio

Emmanuel Rodriguez
Hi,

Have you initialized Clutter so that it can use gstreamer?

use Clutter '-gst-init';

You might want to upgrade to Clutter 1.0, I think that you are using Clutter 0.8 which is no longer maintained.

Cheers,
Emmanuel

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Grant McLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Emmanuele Bassi
On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 22:16 +1200, Grant McLean wrote:

> I've been playing around with Clutter and have mostly been successful
> with the simple animations etc.  However I've had no luck with playing
> sound.  I have a sound file in OGG format (I also tried WAV) and from
> my script I tried this:
>
>   my $audio = Clutter::Gst::Audio->new;   # This is line 27
>   $audio->set_filename('bell.ogg');
>
> But the first line emits the following warnings:
>
> Clutter-Gst-WARNING **: Unable to create playbin GST element.
> at ./05_image.pl line 27.
> Clutter-Gst-WARNING **: Failed to initiate suitable playback pipeline.
> at ./05_image.pl line 27.

have you initialized Clutter::Gst?

by the way, ClutterGstAudio has been removed upstream in clutter-gst 1.0
(which I will get around to bind in Perl, eventually).

ciao,

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi