Clist append error (malloc_consolidate)

sripurna  mutalik

HI,
 I am new to this member. I am having trouble with clist. My program is a multithreaded one and it goes some thing like this. I create a thread after the first window comes up. That thread waits for some data to come over the network and when any data comes, it appends the data into the clist.
 But whenever this statement is executed
        gtk_clist_append(GTK_CLIST(clist1),list_data);
a segementation fault seems to occur inside the append API. After debugging i found out that inside the append API, it is faulting at "malloc_consolidate".

   I dont know what to do, even if i do not use the list_data and use statically assigned array like
          char *dd[] = { "dd", "sdf"};
also it segment faults.

Please any suggestions or solutions are welcome.