Cannot move Gtkada Canvas Item

Michael González Harbour
Hello,

I am using a Gtkada Canvas under version gtkada-3.4.2-gpl. If I move a
Canvas_Item with the mouse very far to the right then I cannot move it
back. I can click on it and the appropriate callback is invoked, but I
can no longer move it.

It also happens with testgtk.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Michael González

Re: Cannot move Gtkada Canvas Item

Emmanuel Briot
> I am using a Gtkada Canvas under version gtkada-3.4.2-gpl. If I move a Canvas_Item with the mouse very far to the right then I cannot move it back. I can click on it and the appropriate callback is invoked, but I can no longer move it.

How far is "very far" ?
On the current development version, I cannot reproduce the issue with testgtk. I can still select the item,
and move it back to where it was. The new GPL release should arrive in the coming month I believe, so the
simplest might simply to wait.

What happens if you zoom back, can you see all items including the one you moved far right ?

Emmanuel

Re: Cannot move Gtkada Canvas Item

Michael González Harbour
>> I am using a Gtkada Canvas under version gtkada-3.4.2-gpl. If I move a Canvas_Item with the mouse very far to the right then I cannot move it back. I can click on it and the appropriate callback is invoked, but I can no longer move it.
> How far is "very far" ?
> On the current development version, I cannot reproduce the issue with testgtk. I can still select the item,
> and move it back to where it was. The new GPL release should arrive in the coming month I believe, so the
> simplest might simply to wait.
>
> What happens if you zoom back, can you see all items including the one you moved far right ?

Hello,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. The problem appears as soon as
I move the item outside the initial visible area. It also happens if I
create the item outside that initial visible area. I can scroll and see
the item but not move it. I also noticed that if I click and move the
mouse to select elements a grey box appears in the original visible
area, but it will not expand further than the initial visible area.

If I zoom out then the problem disappears and I can see and move all the
items.

If the problem is solved in the development version I can wait for the
next release.

Best regards,

Michael.

Michael Gonzalez Harbour                  E-mail: [hidden email]
Grupo de Computadores y Tiempo Real       URL: http://www.ctr.unican.es
Facultad de Ciencias                      Phone : +34-942-201483
Universidad de Cantabria                  Fax   : +34-942-201402
Avda. de los Castros s/n
E-39005 Santander
SPAIN