Auto-complete text entry widget?

Grant McLean
Hi All

Is there a Gtk widget that augments a text entry with an auto-completed
list of possible alternatives - similar to Ajax widgets that all the
best web apps have?

I'm aware of the Gtk2::ComboBoxEntry but it isn't quite what I'm looking
for (unless I'm doing it wrong it).

What I want is: when the user starts typing a list of possible options
is displayed immediately.  If the user continues typing the list of
options may reduce.  If the user presses the arrow keys then the
selected option will be used to populate the entry box.

When I use the ComboBoxEntry widget the list doesn't appear unless the
user clicks on the menu arrow with the mouse.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Grant

Re: Auto-complete text entry widget?

Jeffrey Ratcliffe-2
On May 7, 2009 9:32am, Grant McLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a Gtk widget that augments a text entry with an auto-completed
> list of possible alternatives - similar to Ajax widgets that all the
> best web apps have?

Check out Gtk2::EntryCompletion

Regards

Jeff