Application development for MS Windows now and in the future

Application development for MS Windows now and in the future

Joakim Majander-2
Hello,

I was warned about possible near future problems with my software. I use mingw and GTK+ to make software for current MS Windows to be used with the hardware I make. I just learned about Windows 10 S and I was warned that applications not build with MS tools may soon lack the API they use in Windows.

Is there something I should be worried about? I guess there is no way to run my software in 10 S without upgrading to 10 Pro? Currently I only have Windows 7 and 8 PC's, but several of my clients use 10 without issues. I don't know, if anybody has tried 10 S.

Best Regards,
Joakim