Any way to access treeview in GtkFileChooser?

Any way to access treeview in GtkFileChooser?

Gtk+ - Apps Dev mailing list
I want to get a handle to the GtkTreeView object that lists the files in GtkFileChooser and customize it. Is there any way I can access this object directly?

Re: Any way to access treeview in GtkFileChooser?

Gtk+ - Apps Dev mailing list
No, and it's never a good idea to do so.

Care to tell use what are you trying to achieve?

https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]

Re: Any way to access treeview in GtkFileChooser?

Gtk+ - Apps Dev mailing list
I want to modify the column headers to be consistent with the style/theme of the rest of the application I am working on.

Thanks,
marco

On Mon, 9/17/18, Emmanuele Bassi <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Any way to access treeview in GtkFileChooser?
 To: [hidden email]
 Cc: "gtk-app-devel-list list" <[hidden email]>

Re: Any way to access treeview in GtkFileChooser?

Chris Moller-3
Have you checked out

gtk_tree_view_column_set_widget (GtkTreeViewColumn *tree_column,
GtkWidget *widget);

?

On 17/09/18 11:11, Marco Ricci via gtk-app-devel-list wrote:

> I want to modify the column headers to be consistent with the style/theme of the rest of the application I am working on.
>
> Thanks,
> marco

> On Mon, 9/17/18, Emmanuele Bassi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Subject: Re: Any way to access treeview in GtkFileChooser?
>   To: [hidden email]
>   Cc: "gtk-app-devel-list list" <[hidden email]>
>   Date: Monday, September 17, 2018, 9:31 AM
>
>   No, and it's never a good idea
>   to do so.
>
>   Care to
>   tell use what are you trying to achieve?
>
>   Ciao,
>   ¬†Emmanuele.
>

>   On Mon, 17
>   Sep 2018 at 15:25, Marco Ricci via gtk-app-devel-list <[hidden email]>
>   wrote:
>   I want to
>   get a handle to the GtkTreeView object that lists the files
>   in GtkFileChooser and customize it. Is there any way I can
>   access this object directly?

>   --
>
>   https://www.bassi.io
>   [@] ebassi [@gmail.com]

Re: Any way to access treeview in GtkFileChooser?

Gtk+ - Apps Dev mailing list
Do you have an example of how you want to modify the style?

Changing the style does not require access to the widget: it requires
appropriate selector to match the treeview inside the file chooser dialog.

--
https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]