About Gtk4, modules and GlobalMenu approach

About Gtk4, modules and GlobalMenu approach

Константин Пугин
I am a developer of GlobalMenu applets for XFCE, Mate and Budgie. Also I maintain appmenu-gtk-module and Jayatana.
I heard than you removed general purpose loadable modules support, so, I cannot alter GtkMenuBar and GtkWindow to acheive support for Global Menu.

Can I develop a patch to GTK which enables support exporting all GtkMenuBar instances as GMenuModels (regardless of origin) when gtk-shell-shows-menubar is enabled and set to 1?

Re: About Gtk4, modules and GlobalMenu approach

Gtk+ - Dev - General mailing list

No, we don't think that is appropriate, as we already said in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1132