A simple question need an answer.

Radhouane Graiet
Good morning;
I'm a PHP developper and i would like to develop a GUI applications with
PHP-GTK, the question is can i with PHP-GTK develop an application that can
be hosted in a server and i have distance access.
I read in the Scott Mattocks book "Pro PHP-GTK 2006 edition" that with
PHP-GTK you can't do this just we can install a local application with one
user.

*PHP-GTK is a powerful tool, but it isn’t perfectly suited for everything.
Before spending*
*a lot of time developing your application, make sure PHP-GTK is really
what you need. If it isn’t*
*obvious by looking at your problem whether a desktop application is the
best solution, ask*
*yourself a few simple questions:*
*• Does the application need to work without the aid of another application
such as a web*
*browser?*
*• Does the application need to be able to listen for and react to events
from sources other*
*than the primary user?*
*• Does the application need to be run directly on the user’s computer?*
*If you answered no to all of these questions, then a desktop application
may not be the*
*best solution for your problem.*

Please i need an answer before i begin study PHP-GTK.

Thanks for yours efforts for developping GTK library.

--

*CordialementRADHOUANE GRAIETHyper Dynamics Operating Solutions*
*GSM    : (+216) 22 981 981 *
*E-Mail : [hidden email] <[hidden email]>*

Re: A simple question need an answer.

Bruno P. Gonçalves
Hello,

You can host the application and use remote include. But you will need
something like a bootstrap on local to include remote .phps files

Anyway, I think php-gtk is more like an application like delphi and C#, so
you will need to do a installer with libs ans application, its normal

Sorry 4 my english

Thank you

- - -
Bruno Pitteli Gonçalves