A question about GtkPaned

AngeloP
I'm using the last gtk2 version on window
the GtkHpaned or GtkVpaned has no  drag button in the center of separation bar
how you can see in the manual, all the border is grey ,
 is possible to drag it anyway, but a user may be
disoriented, it is not possible to understand that there is a panel on left or right side if one of this is closed.

Strange !!!

Thanks

Re: A question about GtkPaned

Bob Majdak Jr-2
do you have a valid container widget inside each pane? i have seen this
happen before when one side had something in it but not the other side.

On 11/28/2008 02:18 PM, AngeloP wrote:

> I'm using the last gtk2 version on window
> the GtkHpaned or GtkVpaned has no  drag button in the center of separation
> bar
> how you can see in the manual, all the border is grey ,
>   is possible to drag it anyway, but a user may be
> disoriented, it is not possible to understand that there is a panel on left
> or right side if one of this is closed.
>
> Strange !!!
>

> Thanks

Re: A question about GtkPaned

AngeloP
Yes I think so.. try the example of manual..
gtkframe is a valid container (I think )

<?php
$vpane = new GtkHPaned();
$vpane->set_border_width(5);

$left = new GtkFrame();
$left->add(new GtkLabel('Left'));
$left->set_shadow_type(Gtk::SHADOW_IN);
$vpane->add1($left);

$right = new GtkFrame();
$right->add(new GtkLabel('Right'));
$right->set_shadow_type(Gtk::SHADOW_IN);
$vpane->add2($right);

//standard stuff for window creation
$wnd = new GtkWindow();
$wnd->connect_simple('destroy', array('Gtk', 'main_quit'));
$wnd->add($vpane);
$wnd->show_all();
Gtk::main();
?>

Ciao

Angelo

Bob Majdak Jr-2 wrote
do you have a valid container widget inside each pane? i have seen this
happen before when one side had something in it but not the other side.

On 11/28/2008 02:18 PM, AngeloP wrote:
> I'm using the last gtk2 version on window
> the GtkHpaned or GtkVpaned has no  drag button in the center of separation
> bar
> how you can see in the manual, all the border is grey ,
>   is possible to drag it anyway, but a user may be
> disoriented, it is not possible to understand that there is a panel on left
> or right side if one of this is closed.
>
> Strange !!!
>

> Thanks

Re: A question about GtkPaned

AngeloP
The solution is in c:/php-gtk2/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc file

for example try this style gtk-2.0.zip

unzip file into  c:/php-gtk2/etc/gtk-2.0/

Bye